Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Phin's room...

It took a family village to put this room together. Auntie MaryAnn and Grandma Susie picked up a lot of the decor in Dallas for me and brought it back to Missouri. Dan did all of the painting (which is not one of his strong areas) and furniture assembly. Dan even put the window in along with the trim. I picked the theme, wall colors, decor and room setup. Certainly, everyone played their part and I thank you all!

So the bed is finished, but the dresser is still in the furniture ER. I wish you could see how big the leaf really is. It hangs over half of the bed... We will post more views in the future when we finish fixing the dresser. I would offer, never buy furniture online - you don't really know what you are getting and from this experience, they can make pretty flimsy stuff look good in a picture. Hey, look, I did it right here! :)



Note the frog clothes hamper in the corner of the room. Sometimes, Phin drops stuff inside the frog and then works to get said stuff out. When they happens, it looks like the frog is eating him. If you scroll down, you can see an example of that. He also has his own book stand and chair to read in his bedroom. The little blanket in the chair, he throws it out of the chair every single chance he gets. I am unsure why - so I keep putting it back. It's a little game we play.



Ultimately, it didn't take more than one week to transition him from his crib to his bed. We offered him the choice between the two for each night and nap and after a few days, he realized that he falls asleep in the bed instead of on the floor. He still carries TONS of toys into the bed each night to play before he actually falls asleep, but I am okay with that.

So, now I have to get to work on Isaac's room! Wish me luck as I am running out of time... :)

No comments: