Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yummy Mix

When Phin was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, I felt like my heart was breaking open. Certainly, we could find stuff for him to eat - but no wheat - no FLOUR? How is it that my little boy will grow up with fond memories of cookie dough and brownie mix on spatulas during bake time in the kitchen. So, once I had gathered myself and made a plan - I decided he WILL have those memories. So, as you see below, he does!. We call this "yummy mix" (because Phin used to be scared of the coffee grinder, mixer, food processor etc - so we started warning him telling him we are gonna make a yummy mix and then giving him some of the dessert item we were making - it helped him overcome his fear of those loud noises) and it's gluten free - wheat free. These brownies are made from a black bean base and some sorghum, rice, tapioca flours and potato starch mixed in. It's texture and flavor are very similar to the regular brownie of yore. Certainly, it's not as good as my delicious brownie I used to make for everyone all of the time - but it's healthier and will still take care of a sweet/chocolate tooth.



Here's to you, my first born son. You WILL HAVE all of the memories and none of the stomach ache / small intestine damage!

No comments: