Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

SIX





Today, I woman guessed how old my baby was. Her guess was 10months. I told her, my baby is six months old today. I then came home and straightened his closet. I took all of his newborn, 3 month, 6 month and 9 month clothes and put them into a storage saver bag. It took an XXL bag that is full to the top!
It’s been interesting because this month, Phin’s friend “Mayah” was born. She is currently about the size Phin was when he was born. The last time we visited the family, we saw Mayah’s little tiny baby feet peek out from her blanket. It was breath taking – not only because they are Mayah’s feet… but also because just six months ago Phin’s feet looked just like that. HOW is it possible that in just six months time Phin has moved from newborn clothing to 12 month clothing? HOW is that possible?
Over the last month, I have truly enjoyed watching Phin grow – mentally. In the last four weeks, he has started rolling over from tummy to back. Now, he still refuses to go back to his tummy but we hope that will change in time. ☺ There are other things though. Phin is very interested in food. He knows where his food comes from and he’s gone to “self serve” mode which is funny because I remember how it was an hour long battle (in the beginning) to get twenty minutes of feeding out of him. I remember one morning after my mom had left I was unable to wake Phin up to eat. He was physically fine (breathing etc), but he was simply not interested in waking up to eat. The doctor had told us that he should eat every three hours and so I was beside myself with what I should do. I called my mom in TEARS asking her what I should do. She was scared he was unresponsiveness or not breathing when I said I couldn’t wake him up – but after she understood the problem she assured me that it was fine and when my baby was hungry, he would let me know. She was, of course, right. But, I digress. Phin’s new obsession with food is actually with Daddy’s food. Phin watches it in Daddy’s hand or on Daddy’s fork and then it goes to Daddy’s mouth and then it disappears! I watch the confusion on his face over and over as this disappearing food/drink happens. He has also started to notice things. Looking over my shoulder as we walk down the hall – watching Maggie walking behind us…
Everyone who watches this blog has seen his rocking on his standing machine…
Yesterday was a great day. It was in the upper 60’s, lower 70’s and it was Phin’s first day to spend some time outside. I showed him how we get the mail. We looked at our yard and also we sat on the deck. We sat on steps that were in the shade and he even took the initiative to lay on his belly on the deck to feel the wood. I let him do it until I noticed that his clothes were getting DIRTY and I immediately picked him up and brushed him off. Daddy says “Let him be a boy” and I will! But right now, he’s still a BABY!
And this, this was Phin’s big 6month surprise: Great Grandpa and Grandma came to visit! See the pictures and video below.


No comments: