Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dec 08, 2008

Out of complete necessity and a bit of experimentation, this soft and cozy monkey blanket was made - by me - for Phin. In reality, I measured it up like I was going to cut a mat for a picture and then, instead of cutting, I sewed the pieces together.



Now, a year and a half later when my sweet little baby boy is more of a toddler who likes to "throw" balls and chase the dog and has an opinion on most everything saw me sitting with the blanket on my lap on this rather chilly April afternoon, what did he do? Well, he did what any toddler who knows what is his would do. He yanked it from my lap. Luckily, he did not walk off with it. Instead, he crawled up onto my lap and we BOTH got to use the blanket - while we read books. I think that is a pretty good negotiation. :)

Later, he noticed some pictures that are eye level to him. They are picture of Dan and me. He very astutely pointed out "Dadda, Mama." I think I know a little boy who is missing his Daddy...

No comments: