Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A mother's mantra

I have never been a mother before. However, from what I have seen on TV, mothers spend a lot of time saying the same things over and over. They have a mantra, if you will, that changes as necessary for their children. It may be "Clean your room" or "Put your shoes away" or maybe "Put your dishes in the dishwasher" (come to think of it, I say those kinds of things to Daddy!)
Getting back to the subject, I realized today that I have my own, first mantra. It is "Hands out of eyes please!" See, Phin has this nasty habit of poking at his eyes while he's nursing... So, over and over every three hours, I say "Hands out of eyes please."
I often see the most touching faces when Phin is nursing. Sometimes, he has the most sincere look on his face and I just wonder what he must be thinking. I mean, it's probably thoughts about poo or something, but it looks completely sweet... I have this urge to photograph these faces, but can't bring myself to share my cleavage with the internet. So, this is the next best thing.


No comments: