Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 21, 2008

Just these little things...

that I want to hold on to for forever. While I keep my camera close, there are times that I just can not get to it to "capture" the moment visually, and so, I have to use my words.

This afternoon, I was super tired and I had laid down in my bed for a quick nap after putting Phin down after his feeding. I wasn't in the bed for ten minutes when he started crying. For a quick moment, I was greedy and felt annoyed that I had to get up. But once I got my boy into my arms and we sat down in the glider chair, he snuggled in to his new "fight to keep sleep away."
While he fought to stay awake, I watched him and smiled - knowing this battle starting just this month - will be going on for a number of years to come.
As I smiled, Phin's sleepy half closed eyes saw me and he smiled back which made me smile which made him smile back which made me smile which made him smile back and on and on until his heavy little eye lids finally gave way to rest.

I am sure it's something that every mother experiences, but just in case YOU haven't or you can't remember if once you did play a part in the smile fest... here's to you.

No comments: