Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

While baby sleeps, mama works!





See, when I was a little girl my Aunt Virginia made us clothes. (you can see an example below in the baby pictures I posted - the blue outfits that my brother and sister are wearing were made by Virginia.) We kinda hated the clothes she made because the material was hot and itchy and stiff and it seemed like she was measuring us every day and holding material up to us etc.
Well, while I hated it as a child, as an adult I think it's awesome that she was able and willing to sew for us. Then, when I was in middle school, my mom made my sister and me dresses that we wore to school and church. All of this to say that as my family before me showed - as a mother, I should be able to rock the sewing machine. So, while I am no Martha Stewart (yet), I am SUPER PROUD of what I made my baby! (Thanks for the lesson Grandmother Allen!)

I look forward to making more sleep sacks (grow bags per G-MA Susie) for baby Phin for when he grows out of the ones Grandma Susie got for him. Who knows what else I may be able to learn to make the boy!

(note the mittens where his hands can be enclosed or I can pull them out!

NEXT, stitching the MATCHING HAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! You did a fantastic job, sista!! Your little man will be snuggy warm in his sleep sack and I am confident that you will make many other outfits for him. What a joy! :)

G-MA