Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Slippery as... satin!

They say that practice makes perfect. I keep that in mind as I work the same material over and over to try to make sweet gifts for my baby boy. Over the holiday Grandma Susie and I sewed a piece of blanket no fewer than ten times trying to get a satin edge on the blanket. This is no small feat!
And so, I took some time today (quite a lot of time really) to try try try again. The stitching is in no way perfect, but all of the pieces are held together with stitching of thread. And so, I will continue to buy remnants of fleece and flannel and satin edging until my blankets look as good as those you can get at the store that were made in China!

The picture is the first finished "magic blanket" that I will make for Phin. You see, when you put soft, warm fabric up to him as he's in our arms, he magically falls asleep quickly chasing sweet dreams. A mommy can never have too many magic blankets!

No comments: