Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sleepy baby


There is something about being in my arms - that makes Phin go to sleep.
How special and empowering to realize this. There is something about being in MY arms that helps Phin get toasty warm and feel safe and secure to lull off to sleep. He often holds on to the strap of my shirt or rub his hands across my neck. Sometimes, he puts his little fingers to my lips or he touches my cheek as his eyes get heavy. Often, when I put him down, he wakes up and once in my arms, he's back to dreamland.
It can be frustrating when I am trying to do house work, but in the grand scheme of things, what a blessing that each day I get to hold him in my arms and watch his fingers get thick and his face fill out more and more. When I look at him, I see his daddy's face and maybe my eyes. I know these pictures are very similar, but what can I say? I am in love with this little boy!

No comments: