Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Maggie is a good dog!

This was our weekend to cook for church. We had tested and decided on "Ninja Sauce, red potato & asparagus, french garlic bread and a dessert of Angel food cake with fresh strawberries and also, lemon bars. For this particular event, we cook for about thirty people. SO, you can imagine the moving food from our home to the church. It requires lists, *MY* cooking tools, crates of food and SOME items I cook ahead of time as there is a time the food is to be served!

We had the list, the signs for the food, the serving dishes, the crates of food ready to be prepared as well as the food that was made earlier in the morning.

But, being a parent, you should expect GLITCHES. Usually, I am pretty good about expectations for these glitches and systems around the glitches... but this one... I didn't expect. Dan was at the stove finishing some Italian sausage for the meal and I was pulling a comb through my hair. Phin was laying in his crib, in only a diaper (he has been freshly showered) rolling around and playing.

All of a sudden, I hear blood curdling screaming from my baby. This is QUITE unusual so I walk into his room and find his chubby little leg stuck in between the slats of the crib. I tried to work his leg out, but his fat rolls and bare skin weren't helping the situation. Phin was, obviously, quite upset and I was unable to help him so I yelled to the kitchen to get help from Daddy. Dan came but he was also unable to get the leg out. I ran to the kitchen and got some spray olive oil and sprayed his leg up and out it slipped.

I think that was the worst thing that ever happened to that little boy and he was quite inconsolable. We didn't expect this leg thing - and it put us behind on the clock... so as we tried to rush everything to the car to make it to church on time, one soldier got left behind. That soldier was - the lemon bars - which I got left on the kitchen floor. (they had been lined up with the crates of food going to the car but since they were cold and food was hot and the crates were full, they were in line on the floor waiting to go to the car.) I thought Dan had them, he thought I had them and once we realized what happened, we were a round trip - 1 hour from home and we had to mourn the loss of the lemon bars. We both understood that Maggie would certainly have eaten them - or at least destroyed them with her face or feet or something. I mean, Montana had once dug through Mary Ann's luggage from London to pull out a HUGE special dark chocolate bar of which she devoured most of it. Who's to think Maggie would leave these lemon bars alone?



But for whatever reason, she did not touch the lemon bars at all! My guess is she was sleeping on our bed - on MY pillow (which is one of her favorite things).

No comments: