Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

High maintenance? Not so much.


Every single day I go to pick up Phin from the child care at the gym, the child care provider is holding him. I always feel a little guilty, like she's (it's a different lady each day of the week) holding him because he's an only child who requires too much personal attention. I ask him "Phin, are you being too high maintenance?" while he's in her arms beaming at me.
The lady today told me what is REALLY happening.
You see, Phin will be in the swing or the jumpie chair or on the floor (on a blanket that I provided) and he will -ALMOST- be asleep and one of two little girls (who are toddlers) will walk up to him and pluck his soother (binki) from his mouth - which will wake him up. They will then proceed to play with his binki - which is tethered to his clothing via a binki clip which will annoy him and - ahhhh, he's picked up by the child care provider and here we have it.... It looks like Phin is the trouble maker. :)

I am happy to know he's so perfect!

(As I put him in his car seat while he slept today one of the little girls came to pluck the binki from his mouth and she said that "Binkis are for babies!" I asked her - "Is this a baby or a little boy?" She said "He's a BABY!" I said, "So, he can have his binki then, because he's a baby - right?" She said "Yes." However, with that said, I expect her to be plucking his binki again tomorrow. That's just a little kid for you - huh.

No comments: