Love ~ Teach ~ Protect

Their purpose isn't to enhance my life ~ My purpose IS to enhance theirs...

See how fast we grow!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

It started yesterday.

Not only did Phin start showing he's tired by yelling at the top of his lungs (he used to simply rub his eyes) but he also started putting his arms out - toward me to signal that he wants to be held.
The yelling kinda hurts my ears and makes me second think his schedule. It makes me wonder if maybe he's hungry. However, in a day and a half - I think I now believe that he's simply tired.
The arm thing warms my heart but also makes me a little sad. The little arms tell me that he wants me - but it also tells me that he wants ME. I am with this baby all of the time - except when I am in classes at the gym. He's not yet freaked out that turned into a meltdown when I have left him but those little arms tell me that the time is soon coming where such will exactly be the case. When that happens, I will have to stop visiting him between classes to make sure he's okay because it will simply upset him.

I guess the point is that his little brain is aware enough that he is starting to know what he wants. For good or bad, he's having preferences. NOT to sleep and TO be held by his mama. This is a great thing, but just a little too soon for my preference.

Yes, this is motherhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha, I believe he has you right where he wants you. LOL